Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday...

Yes, I was there!! I was up at 3:20 am and we had a plan. I met my mom and sister and we headed out at quarter to 4! We had our lists and schedules. We were ready. We were off to JC Penny at 4am. We were in and out in less then 30 minutes!

Then we went to Gottschalks, but it didn't open until 5am so we went to get muffins and juice. I was starving!! We made it back to Gottschalks in plenty of time to wait in line. But not for more than 5 minutes. We got what we wanted and went to Walmart, by 5:30. Got all we wanted to get there and was out within one hour! Amazing. I think there was about 5000 people there. I remember going a few years ago before it became 24hours and waited outside in line for an hour... at least! Never again!

We then went to Big 5 and found what we were looking for there, nice. Then to Walgreens. Yes, Walgreens. I have never been there before but they had exactly what I was looking for. I didn't know it until we arrived. I was so happy. Now my son will have just what he asked for and at a fabulous price!

I did end up going to Medford to the Mall, Target, Toys R Us and Joann's, but didn't find too much. Oh well. A fun day for me anyhow. I love Black Friday. I love the deals, I love getting together with my family to shop... without the kids. I love the great deals... I saved so much money this trip, it was awesome. We went all over GP and I was back home before 8:30. The kids were just starting to wake up. I have been shopping on this day for years! I love it!! The Christmas season is here!!!!

I wish I would have taken pictures of all of us crazy girls! Fun memories!!

Does anyone else do the Black Friday shopping extravaganza??

10 comments:

chats said...

No way, just thinking about it gives me the hives. I don't know when it started, but large crowds make me so uneasy. Black Friday is my idea of a nightmare. Maybe some year I will just have to tough it out and try it.

Billy and Cassie plus4 said...

I didn't dare attempt this year with me being almost done with my pregnancy.After hearing about the long island new yorker who was hurt int the walmart black friday and lost her baby she was 8 1/2 months prego and the long island walmart worker that was trampled to death.I worked at walmart last year and remember what happened to several employees over the lap tops in the garden area Scary!But I'm glad you had a blast and found some great deals.I did got to walmart and kmart last night and still go in on some sales.My boys even are getting something special from gamestop.We are limiting our budget this year..because I have a baby coming in 3 weeks and then Chase will turn 2 3 weeks after christmas.I'll keep everyone posted on the arrival our little sweet princess.Still no name.

Megan said...

I love black friday! I've only done it once but i can't wait to do it again! It totally gets me geared up for christmas! I love it!!

Shalyse said...

i never go that early in the morning, but I usually end up going around 11 or so. it's great...all the deals are still going and the stores are much less crowded!!!

I am glad you guys had fun! :-)

Anne Marie said...

Awesome!!! So glad you found some good deals and worked so fast. What a fun girls' morning. I am chicken about facing the crowds, and I like my sleep way too much...maybe one of these days.

Cami said...

That would be so much fun to shop with family. I did it solo this year, and it was surely lacking in personality! Sounds fun!

Carol said...

We went to Sears but not until 10:30 and it was still so crazy. Never doing that again.

Tiana Johnson said...

Wow! Hyrum would rather have his nails pulled off than shop in the crowds. We've never had a desire to attempt the craziness, but I have to admit, after your post, I think I'm coming down to your house and tagging along with you girls. It sounds like fun when it's with you!

Michelle said...

You make it sound so easy, in and out in a half an hour and getting exactly what you want at an amazing price. I've never done it before! Maybe when I can go with a friend or family member or if there was something I really wanted... Glad you had fun!

Tiff said...

Wow, I got tired just reading your list of stores! :o) Congratulations on your upcoming addition, too!