Ok, so we thought we had a name for our little bun... but the other night we were talking and it seems that neither of us feels the name to be, well, comfortable anymore. It just doesn't feel like the right name. Even though I still love the name, it just doesn't feel right. So we are back to square one. I still love the name Gwendolynn Loraine, but Tim doesn't. I also like Miranda Lynn... he is not saying anything about that one. I am writing to say that we need some ideas... some cute, pretty, girly names... Any ideas!!!
12 comments:
I went to school with a Miranda, but her nickname ended up being Randy. Are you good with Randy? Do you know what Randy means? (Horny, just so you know if you didn't.) Randy Huff. Sounds like someone breathing heavily while peeping on girls in the locker room. Yikes! Sorry! Bad mental picture. Even if you don't call her that, people at school will. Just thought I'd let you know about that in case you were in the dark about what could become of Miranda. I liked the name Kya, but found out it meant marijuana from someone else. Gotta cover all your bases and think about all the possible nicknames. Use it if you love it though
Thank you for the heads up... I do not like Randy for a girl... Back to the drawing board!
I'm with you on finding a cute girly name I was the same way when we were prego with Madelyn.I didn't have a name for her until the night she was born and it there we agreed that we liked Madelyn Brooke.You could name her Hannah Joy,Cara Loraine,Bailey,Ryann I thought this was cute when I worked at Headstart and there was alitte girl named Ryann pronounced Ryan,and I like Corina too well I hope you find a name that you and Tim agree on.,But I'm with you on a cute girly name I was just like that.Good luck with the name choosen.
Madisyn,Malia,Alexis,Leah,Peyton,
Claire,Morgan,Mariah,Sierra,Natalie,
Gillian,Brooklyn,okay have fun finding a name.
Kevilina.... perhaps! =)
We had a very difficult time choosing a name, so i don't think I will be of much help. :) We did play a fun game to narrow it down though. We each made a list of our 10 favorite names and then compared the two to see if any matched up...well we only ended up with one match, so then we picked names off of the other's list that we liked...it helped us get an idea of what we both liked. And, it was a fun activity. I can't even remember if Alexander was on our original list or not. I guess I should have saved them for his baby book. Anyways, good luck finding a cute girly name! I vote for Gwen!
I know you mentioned avoiding short names, but as far as short goes, I'm in love with the name Shaye. If I can ever manage another girl, I'll name her Shaye Noel...even if it's not Christmas! Good luck!
It's so hard to settle on a name. I love the name Evelyn (Evie for short if you like). I also love Sarah (a common name, but such a classic). Good luck! I'm sure you will be able to figure it out soon. (I have always hated talking baby names with my husband. We have fun talking about lots of things, but "names" is not one of them.)
Camille, i love this name!!! If you are ok with Cami for short
I still vote for Brielle!! LOOOOVE it! I also love Jillian. You could call her Silly Jilly, or Jilly Bean.
If Sam had been a girl he would have been named Afton. There's a song by Nickel Creek called Sweet Afton - I love that song. I've also always loved Isabelle, and Isabella Rose.
Good luck
Post a Comment