Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Update for 2008...

First, we will begin with my oldest son, Zackary, turning 8 years old and making the decision to be baptized. We are so proud of him. I can't believe he is old enough already. Time really does fly by. Next year, at this same time, Ean will be making this same decision. Where does the time go? Before I know it, they will be leaving on their missions. Zackary wants to go on his mission to Africa, or anywhere foreign. Baseball season ended in June. Jeremy played his first year of T-ball and Zackary played coach pitch. Zackary got a lot better this year. Jeremy played against his best friend Isaac twice. They are so adorable. They will be starting kindergarten together this fall. Jeremy also had his cousin Spencer and friend Kennedy on his team. That was really FUN! At the end of the season, Jeremy's team got together and had pizza and earned certificates, Zackary's team got together at Jimmy's Classic Drive-in ( a fabulous burger place owned by one of Zack's friends dads) for burgers and trophys. It was really fun!


June also brings about the annual "Frog O' Fair"... My kids love going to this. We missed it last year, so I was determined to get them there this year. We also took my nephew Dylan along with us. The boys had such a good time. The Frog O Fair is a craft fair, basically. It is free to everyone, and there are tons of great activities for the kids to take part in. This is the boys favorite activity. They got to build things with a hammer and nails. Jeremy, Ean and Dylan built swords and Zackary made a table. We are going to put the finishing touches on the projects at home. All in all, a great day.



We planted our first garden this spring also... It was fun to watch the boys get into it. I think Jeremy liked doing it the most. I, myself, despise doing any sort of yard work. I just don't like it. I don't know why. When I was little, my family always planted a garden and did yard work together and I did that. Anyway, my boys did a great job. We have eaten many yummy veggies out of our garden and it's getting bigger all the time. We even have pumpkins starting that will be great to carve in October!!
This seems to happen a lot around our house lately. Ean has lost yet another tooth! And since this picture, he has lost 3 more! Luckily, the new ones are growing back fairly quickly. One of them made him look really funny, the way that it just stuck straight out of his mouth. That one took 3 weeks or so to come out. I have successfully pulled out all of my boys teeth. It's kind of gross I know, but I cannot stand having teeth just hanging there. It looks so yucky!
One of Ean's teachers took this picture of us at Lincoln on the last day of school. I was taking lots of the kids with their teachers and the principal and they asked if I would like one of the 5 of us on the last day. I totally did! I never thought of that. I love this picture too. Good-bye Mr. Ely, you will be missed! We are excited to start kindergarten, 2nd and 3rd grades this next fall!!


We love playing ouside in our backyard. We love having a backyard. Last summer, my hubby put in a fire pit and this year we have had a few hotdog roasts and made s'mores! Yummy!! I love s'mores. So does Jeremy. Zackary and Ean just like to roast the marshmallows. We had my family over one night for dinner. It was really fun.
Zackary is now 8, and that is the age where you start Cub Scouts. He was so excited to be in scouts. Then I told him about Scout Day Camp in June and he got more excited!! It was held out at RCC and went all day, from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. They did all sorts of activities and crafts and learned new things. He had a blast. The last day was family day so the other boys and I went with him and had lunch and watched him play. They ended with a huge water fight. And when I say huge, I mean HUGE. The fire dept came over and hosed the kids down! It was hilarious!

All three of the boys took their first swim lessons this summer. The first day was pretty dramatic for Ean and Jeremy. Zackary is a pro. He did extremely well. Ean and Jeremy were a different story. The first day, they cried and cried. See, they are pretty afraid for anyone, and I mean anyone, to take them out into the water. They will play on the steps of the pool alone, but that is it. So this was a huge step for them. They were full of fear, but by the next class, which was the next day, they were tons better. No more crying. I was so amazed to watch as they jumped into the pool and swam under water and went off of the diving board!! Seriously amazed! I am so happy that they were able to finish with flying colors. They can now swim, with a little help, and float on their backs. Thank you Myrna for teaching my children to not fear the water too much!! You are amazing!


My dad got his pilots license a while ago and ever since he, and his 8 grandsons, have been obcessed with airplanes. Last month, we all went to the air show in Klamath Falls. We took the entire Saturday for it. We had such a blast! We saw lots of planes do some pretty cool tricks and we had lunch, I won't go into detail about that, then we got to go around and check out some pretty neat planes and jets. We talked to a few pilots of some of the planes and that was very interesting. The boys got the chance to go inside some of the planes and they loved that. One of our favorite things though was watching the Thunderbirds. They were awesome! Then we went for a pizza dinner. All in all, it was a pretty fun, even though incredibly windy, day!
So, there is a serious update on our family. Stay tuned for more adventures!!


















4 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! You did a great job playing catch up. It's amazing how many different things you can do in 7 months. Everything looks great.

The Gray Team said...

so many fund adventures! OH you made me homesick with thought of Frog o Faire and all those fun people that we miss! Looks like you have had a great summer and year!

Megan said...

I'm entirely jealous of your garden. We planted ours in April? and we have so far yielded one tomatoe... about an inch and a half long. and oh one inch wide. ;p Anyways cute pictures! Great updates! I'm excited some day to have kids!

Tiana Johnson said...

Gol, I can't believe how fast time has passed, and that Zachary is baptized! I also can't believe you were at the airshow when we were, and that we missed you! It would have been funner to hang out with you guys than my cousins.