Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm 29... again

Yesterday was a happy yet sad day in my life. I have turned 30. I have cried a bit... ok, I cried a lot. I had a party... received presents... who doesn't like presents?!... then it ended, and I was 30. I will miss being 29. Especially since I had forgotten my age last year and thought I was turning 27. I lost 2 years last year. It is scarey how quickly time passes by us. I watched my boys yesterday and how much they are growing up... and doing it so quickly. My sisters made me a video of my 1st 30 years. I loved it. It brought back so many memories. I hope that I can make the next 30+ even better... for me and my family.

5 comments:

Chuck and Holly said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!! You have so many things to be thankful for and it's all because of your 1st 30 years!!!! Who cares how old you are, someday you'll be young and perfect anyways!!!! Just remember that I will always be 5 years younger then you!!!! hahaha:)

Tiana Johnson said...

Hey, it's good to see you have a blog now! I made the footprints by reading online about them, and just used the simplest method. I used plaster of paris powder, followed the directions on the container, and for the mold, I cut strips from cereal boxes and taped them into an oval shape. You can do any shape you want. Then I put aluminum foil on the bottom and curled it up around the cardboard strips so it wouldn't leak. I poured the plaster of paris in the molds and waited for it to harden enough to press the feet into. It went from too runny to a little too hard really fast, so I had to really press the feet hard to make a good impression. It's definitely not the best, but it's okay. When I finish with the ribbon and all, I'll post the final product for all to see. Hopefully it's as cute as I envision it in my head.

Carol said...

Happy birthday! 30 is AWESOME! just consider that now you're thirty people will seem to respect you more as a parent and a person. When you tell some one you're thirty they will probably think ' wow she looks good for her age and I'm not going to mess with her she knows what's up" It's a very good place to be.

Angi and Jared Cowley said...

I suffered the same earth shattering trauma just 2 1/2 weeks before you. I cried too! Goodbye youth, you will be missed!

Shalyse said...

Happy Birthday...a little late! :-)