Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer Fun!

My boys just finished swimming lessons in June and they love to swim. We like going out to my brother-in-law's parents house to swim. They have a great pool and the kids love it there. We spent about 3 hours there, and got the sunburns to prove it. I was burned the worst. I hate when my kids get sunburned. I always feel so bad. I just forgot to reaply the sunblock. Next time I will be more prepared. Jeremy is a lot braver now after his lessons. He used the pool noodle most of the time, but he did go all over the pool with it, so that's good. He and Ean are getting better at swimming as well. It's so fun to see them learn! Zackary is an animal... he loves to jump in and even went off the diving board! He is usually extremely cautious, so it is amazing to see him going that far! I love it. Landon loved being in the water. He was so adorable. He laughed and laughed when I had him splashing down into the water. Ean gets cold rather easy, so he was wrapped up in a ball in his warm towel in the sun, and loving every minute of it. We are grateful to friends and family for sharing their pool... it has been so hot lately, that the pool is almost necessary.

4 comments:

Shalyse said...

swimming is THE best...even if you do get a little sunburn to prove it! :-)

Tiana Johnson said...

We've had such a cool summer that we haven't been tempted to swim. There's a free swim day at the city pool each week, but I don't have any help, and I can't imagine taking 3 kids under 4 to pool by myself when they're all non-swimmers, with Tilly hating to swim and Hyatt loving it.

Anonymous said...

Doth my eyes D-SEEV me.....is that Marce in the pool...you go girl!!!

Marcee said...

Yes, that is me. I tried to cut most of myself out so as not to be seen... didn't work without cutting out part of Landon, and that is not happening.