Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blackberries... Yummy!

I love picking blackberries... Mmmmmm.... We went to Tom Perce Park one morning to pick blackberries. We ended with a picnic lunch and playing on the play ground. My mom and sisters wanted to make blackberry pie. I do not like blackberry pie, or any fruit pie for that matter. I just like blackberries alone... fresh yummy berries.
I prefer to have my fruit cold, not hot.
The boys actually got a lot of berries that day. Most of the good ones are always too high, out of reach. I wore pants and tennis shoes so I could try to reach the big juicy ones that are up there. I think my mom and sister actually made a pie, or two, with all the berries we picked.

Zackary carried around a bowl for berries... he then got berry juice on his white shirt! Why did I have them wear white to pick blackberries in anyway...

Jeremy, showing me his berry he picked and tellilng me it's too red still...


Heidi and some of the boys...

Jeremy, Dylan & Spencer found these when we first arrived at the park. I used to find these all over my grandparents house when I was a kid.


Ean... he picked more than I thought!




Ean and Jeremy love to give me flowers... today it is a dandelion. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a weed. Look how cute he is. He is such a sweet little guy!

Kyle, Landon & Ryan... actually picking blackberries!


All in all, we had a really good time. The boys and I have been to another park to pick berries since, and my sister and her boys have been back to this park numerous times. More and more berries... I love summertime!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Man, do I miss tom p. Park and the blackberries. We used to always pick them there. I know you said you don't like your fruit hot but come on not even blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream?

~Michelle said...

Awesome! I love to do that too. I love the pics. I can't believe Summer is over! What happened? It has gone by so fast! How excited are you that we have Kindergarteners? Yeah!!!!

Shonda said...

oh, I move tom pierce park! I miss it. And look at all those little boys...holly cow...I don't see them for a year and a half, and poof...they're little MEN!
Thanks for all the nice comments on my blog. I really appreciate them, and love feeling still connected. Also, thanks for the heads up on reunion places. It's so great to have a place to start, and I'm definently going try and look into that train thing too.