Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Ever Growing Garden...


Just a little update on how fabulous our little garden is doing. We have harvested lettuce 3 times. And off of 5 heads of romaine. It is yummy too. We have harvested around 10+ zuccini out of our garden. It is amazing. I planted 3 of those plants and they just keep coming. Anyone want any? And they are huge! The one that Zackary is holding is one of the small ones. They are usually aobut 12-13" long and a couple of inches in diameter! We have harvested 3 or maybe it was 4 yellow crookneck squash too. They are so yummy steamed with the zuccini. We have only had a few strawberries, no melons yet, two bell peppers and our pumpkins are starting! We should have a few to carve this Halloween! How fun will that be.

Zackary harvested our first zuccini!

My nephews, Spencer & Dylan, helped us harvest some romaine lettuce one afternoon.


This is the starting of our first pumpkin. Isn't it just too cute!

The boys are loving this garden and really having fun with it. I am glad that we finally planted one this year. Next year we are going to add more to it.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi Marcee - thanks for the comment about Britt's wedding. It's so fun to see what everyone has been up to in their lives. Your blog is so fun. I can't believe you have 4 boys - they are so cute. I'll add your link to my site so I can check in once in awhile. See you around :)

Tiana Johnson said...

Looks so tasty! Mine is pathetically small since my yard is ripped up. It's all in pots.